Thursday, August 11, 2011

Vintage Cottage, Part I: 60's Denby and Three Little Skunks!

I spent the first part of August away from the internet, up at the family cottages (a.k.a. Camp)... but that doesn't mean I've been neglecting this blog! While I was up in cottage country, I took lots of pictures of some of the gorgeous vintage items which are enjoyed by my extended family each summer. For the most part, the cottages were furnished and decorated in the 50's, 60's and 70's; what a treasure trove!

This "Vintage Cottage" miniseries will consist of two or three posts; this one features some lovely pieces by Denby and three adorable skunk figurines.

First, a Denby accent mug which I believe to be from the 60's:

60's Denby accent mug

Mid century Denby white and tan mug

Denby mid-century stamp on mug

Next, a stunning coffee set in my favourite Denby pattern, "Studio", which was made from 1961 until 1974 (love this pattern? I try to keep my Etsy shop stocked with it):

Denby Studio coffee set

Denby Studio: Grey with black stripes and orange accents

And finally, three adorable little skunk figurines (two of which appear to have been beheaded and - thankfully - lovingly repaired).  I don't know who made them, but one eBay seller thinks a very similar skunk might be 1950's California pottery, perhaps by Rio Hondo or Walker.  Indeed, the skunks do bear some resemblance to these Rio Hondo skunks.  Anyway, here they are:

Skunk parade!

Vintage skunk figurines

Next time: Pyrex, Arcoroc France and more!

1 comment:

  1. I love the accent mug. The skunks are adorable! Reminds me of something I see in cartoons. Love them.

    Dropping by from blogging buddies
    myminibag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!